Why do I need this certification?
Board Certification serves the purpose of:
- Protecting the public.
- Assuring consumers that practitioners have met standards of practice.
- Meeting the requirements of professional boards and other certifying bodies.
- Advancing the profession.
- Enhancing a professional’s practice and developing a marketing niche.
- Demonstrating an individual’s commitment to their profession.
ITCA credentials reflect high standards of academic instruction, supervised training and consultation, and applied skills in field settings.
The International Transgender Certification Association (ITCA) Board is comprised of sex therapists and sexologists with a wealth of education and experience. It is this board through which ITCA graduates may attain certification.
What will this certification give me?
- Listing on the Therapist Certification Association website www.TherapistCertificationAssociation.org)
- Expert status with commensurate fee structure
- Access to the latest information and resources
- Discounts on all ITCA workshops
Why do I need supervision?
The broad range of experience provided by our expert professionals provides the skills specific to evaluating and counseling this population.
Is this program approved for Continuing Education Credit?
Continuing Education is provided by Dr. Carol L. Clark, Provider #50-550/BAP585. This program is approved for 40 CEUs by the Florida Board of Nursing, expires 10/17; Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling, expires 3/17; and the Florida Board of Psychology, expires 5/18; Dr. Carol Clark is an approved provider for the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) #11-112B. This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) #11-112B and is approved for 40 CE Credits. These CE Credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
Can I get partial credit?
No, this is a 40-hour program that needs to be taken in full for certification. You may take one of our one-day workshops if you would like CE credit for your license renewal.
What if I am unable to attend one day?
All of the classes will be recorded. You may view the recording and complete a summary for credit.
If I am not in Florida, can I still be certified in my state or country?
Yes! Certification is awarded by the International Transgender Certification Association. The ITCA Board certifies that you have achieved high standards of academic instruction and have gained the practical experience to work in this field.
Continuing Education provided by Dr. Carol L. Clark.
- Florida Department of Health, Medical Quality Assurance Provider #50-550/BAP585.
- Dr. Carol L. Clark is an approved CEU provider for the Florida Board of Nursing, expires 10/19
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling, expires 3/19
- Florida Board of Psychology, expires 5/18
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) #11-112B These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
- All ATTI classes are approved by the Florida Certification Board #5094-A
- Dr. Carol L. Clark is approved under FL DOH/MQA to provide sex therapy and hypnotherapy CEUs.
- Dr. Carol L. Clark, DBA Therapy Certification Training has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6856. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Dr. Carol L. Clark, DBA Therapy Certification Training is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.