The Therapist Certification Association (TCA) will help you take your career to the next level, enhance your practice, and find your marketing niche!
TCA is a private, for-profit, educational association that prepares and certifies professionals in the fields of:
- Sexology/Sex Therapy
- Transgender Care
Licensed and license-eligible professionals in various healthcare fields who intend to practice:
- Sex Therapy
- Addictions Counseling
- Transgender Care Therapy and Consulting
- Educational Services
may be certified by TCA or an affiliate upon meeting the educational and clinical practice criteria.
The TCA programs are designed to provide a curriculum that will prepare clinicians to work with a wide array of behavioral health and social concerns in a variety of treatment settings.
TCA programs include the following:
- Sex Therapy Training Institute (STTI)
- Addictions Therapy Training Institute (ATTI)
- International Transgender Certification Association (ITCA)
Requirements for each certification include education in specific core areas and supervised work experience.
Certification is granted by the specific Board of Directors for each category:
- Therapist Certification Association Board
- Florida Certification Board
- International Transgender Certification Association Board
Certification serves the purpose of:
- Protecting the public
- Assuring consumers that practitioners have met standards of practice
- Meeting the requirements of professional boards and other certifying bodies
- Advancing the profession
- Enhancing a professional’s practice and developing a marketing niche
- Demonstrating an individual’s commitment to their profession
The TCA programs are dedicated to preparing licensed psychotherapists, psychologists, and other credentialed health care providers to provide sexuality counseling, addictions counseling, and transgender care as additions to their already licensed clinical practices or educational fields.
The program does not prepare unlicensed students to meet initial licensing requirements in any field.
Continuing Education provided by Dr. Carol L. Clark.
- Florida Department of Health, Medical Quality Assurance Provider #50-550/BAP585.
- Dr. Carol L. Clark is an approved CEU provider for the Florida Board of Nursing, expires 10/19
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling, expires 3/19
- Florida Board of Psychology, expires 5/18
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) #11-112B These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
- All ATTI classes are approved by the Florida Certification Board #5094-A
- Dr. Carol L. Clark is approved under FL DOH/MQA to provide sex therapy and hypnotherapy CEUs.
- Dr. Carol L. Clark, DBA Therapy Certification Training has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6856. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Dr. Carol L. Clark, DBA Therapy Certification Training is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.