Can I register for the program without being licensed?
Yes- registration is open to those individuals who are working on a Masters degree or PhD. However, individuals who are not licensed should be in the process of or working toward becoming licensed or certified in an applicable field.

Do I need a degree to take this program or become certified?
This program does not substitute for a degree or license. It is meant to augment your existing license as a therapist, nurse, physician, or psychologist or your certification as an educator, addictions professional, or coach. Therefore, you may take the program while you are in a degree program at a university or other institution but you will not be certified until you have a license or certification.

Do I need to be working in the field in order to complete the supervision/consultation requirement?
You need to be doing some work in your particular field, even if you are an intern. Any sexology cases you have can be discussed and your STTI supervisor/consultant will provide case studies.

How long will the program take?
The Board Certification education is 160 hours and supervision/case consultation can be taken concurrently. Those hours may be taken continuously and completed in a year or the student may take up to two years.

How much does the program cost? Are there additional fees for books or materials?
The cost for Board Certification education (160 hours) and 20 hours of supervision/consultation is $8,650.
 All handouts and course provisions are made available online at no cost.
A $700 deposit is required at the time of enrollment.

Will I be certified after taking this program?
The Therapist Certification Association Board (TCA) will certify as sex therapists those clinicians who complete their 160 hours of education and 10 hours of individual/paired and 10 hours of group supervision. This is for all licensed clinicians.
TCA will also confer Board Certification to Sexology Educators and Clinical Sexologists upon completion of 160 hours of education and 10 hours of individual/paired and 10 hours of group supervision in their area of practice. (see Certification).
Clinicians may also apply for certification through the American Association of Sex Counselors, Educators and Therapists (AASECT), a nationally recognized certification board for this field. Please consult with AASECT at for a complete description of their requirements. Dr. Carol Clark is an AASECT-approved CE provider and supervisor. AASECT requires additional supervision which is not included in the STTI tuition.

* Certifications do not qualify for NBCC credits. Please visit individual workshops for approved CE credit hours.

Is this certification transferable to other states?
Certification is not the same as licensure. As the certification is awarded by the Board and not the state, your Board Certification will still be applicable no matter where you live and practice. We have many students from across the country and some even in other countries who take our program to become Board Certified.

Are the classes available online?
Yes, all classes are available for online or in person attendance. Track 1 consists of weekly classes (held Saturdays from 9:30am – 3:00pm) and Track 3 consists of 5 days every other month (Thursday - Monday) may be attended in person or online via live webinar. If you cannot attend a specific class, they are recorded weekly and posted on our Google Drive (available to students only) for later viewing. No more than three classes may be taken this way without special permission.

What happens if I miss a class?
Classes are offered online, so you may not need to miss a class just because you cannot physically attend.
Classes are ongoing so if one is missed, it may be taken when it is next presented. Depending on the particular class missed, it may be possible to take it in a different track.
All classes are recorded, so if you miss a class or a portion of a class, you may view the recording and complete a written summary of the class for credit subject to approval.


right arrow  Click here to view Continuing Education provided by Dr. Carol L. Clark & Therapy Certification Training.

All Board approvals of CE Credit Hours are for CEs ONLY, not certifications. Only the Therapist Certification Association Board may certify graduates of our certification programs: 

ce tca
ce aasect 2
ce fcb
ce fbn
ce fbp
ce fbscw

9620 NE 2nd Ave | Suite 205
Miami Shores | FL 33138
(305) 891-1827

Connect With Us

Stay Informed