STTI’s mission is to promote excellence in competency in the field of sexology for practitioners in all related fields and professions by:
- providing training to
- those clinicians who want to specialize in sex therapy
- educators who want to include human sexuality in their programs
- business entrepreneurs who want to include sex education in their provision of goods and services
- coaches who want to help encompass sex coaching in their practices
- healthcare providers who want to enhance their knowledge of sexual behavior
- providing educational and networking resources
- implementing standards of care through certification
STTI’s vision is to provide the highest quality of sex therapy/sexology training and education so that practitioners can in turn provide the highest level of services to their clients.
STTI Certification serves the purpose of:
- Protecting the public.
- Assuring consumers that practitioners have met standards of practice.
- Meeting the requirements of professional boards and other certifying bodies.
- Advancing the profession.
- Enhancing a professional’s practice and developing a marketing niche.
- Demonstrating an individual’s commitment to their profession.
STTI presenters are experts in their domains and employ a variety of teaching protocols.
STTI courses are designed to meet the varying requirements of state and national certification boards in an in-person or online forum.